Thursday, February 25, 2010

semi

My vacation can be considered semi successful. Semi, because I didn't get to see my brother. I drove by his house twice, but didn't want to just drop by unannounced. I hate when people do that to me..plus, I don't want to put him on the spot..you know?

But meeting Max was great. He seem so nice and very lovable. He wants me to go back so he can introduce me to all his Siller family. LOL

Met the great aunts too..that was awesome.

met up with my sister and had a very interesting conversation with her mother.

Got a chance to see my grandmother Casarez and Janie.

So a full couple of days.

Want to go back and talk to max again and see the great aunts..since they are all pretty old and I would like to spend some time with them.

Finally got a chance to visit the cemetery and give my mother flowers. I don't particularly like visiting cemeteries because they feel so...EMPTY.

I feel that my mother is with me every day...and the cemetery is not a place that I enjoy being...but I don't like it to be forgotten either.

Came home with tons of information from both sides of the family..tons...

including some current "gossip"..not really gossip just goings on...

So..its nice to know what what with the sisters and the brothers...on both sides.

Haven't gotten a down yet..but I know its coming..maybe not so bad..when I started to feel uncertain, I decided to call my aunt Dora and we had a great conversation. She told me a thing or two about Frank and his past..answers a lot of questions and just made me feel sad a little for him..

Kinda reminds me of my father in law in one sense..which is sad.

I think the next time I will get a chance to go down will be in the summer.

I am hoping spring break will be spent in Houston, but not sure cuz my hubby really wants some one on one time with us...so we might make it a staycation.

Well, that's that..most other information is to personal and private to put on this post..like the specifics in our conversations about my father..I have lots of opinions about that..so it might be better that I make that private or put it only on my other blog.
(written on myspace)..(my specifics will not be private on this blog..hope to get on it soon.

No comments: