Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just sitting here waiting for hubby and thinking. Which is a very dangerous thing. I start thinking, then pondering, then wondering, and then the trouble starts.

Its hard to suppress some of the feelings of "What if's"

The what if's can also be a dangerous thing.

Dangerous because, 1. they are not real. 2. they cause lots of pain because they are not real, will never be real and can never be real.

So..What if....shoulda coulda woulda.
My mother tells me things like that..
I should have know better...Um..yep you shoulda.
I could have kept you if (fill in the blank).....yeah you coulda
I would have done it different if (fill in the blank)....Um..shoulda


My father says the same thing. But I just smile because it doesn't really matter now.

Now I am a happily married mother of 6.

What could have been would have been.

Would it have been better? Maybe...or maybe not.

Being raised by my mother might NOT have been a wonderful thing. Or maybe it would have..I would be a different person that is for sure....but how different?


See where the what if's get you. They just make you go around and around and around..and you could spiral out of control.

No comments: