Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I have gone and come back again

I just returned to my blog after spending some time with myspace. I think it was the worst mistake I have ever made. I was really excited to be on myspace, but the Holy Ghost was telling me something else entirely.
So, what is wrong with myspace. Nothing much except that as I worked on my profile, I kept coming across vulgar glitters and blinkies, and I felt the spirit leave me. I am trying to have a house that belongs to the Lord and the process of making my profile was not conducive to that.
Sadly, my son kept telling me how terrible it was...and he was right. So, after fighting my worldly self and seeing through my excuses I canceled my account.
Now I sit here w/ a nursing baby and ponder the damage I caused myself. Did I ruin the delicate testimony I am trying to grow? I will have to work harder to erase the damage, but can it?
Well, I used some of the time that I devoted to myspace to read blogs on homemaking, homeschooling and other items of interest. My goal is to raise a rightous family and be a mother Heavenly Father will be proud of.
I hope as I grow this blog will document my changes. I have changed so much from the 19 yo young bride....but I am still growing. Maybe my daughter will start off as a better wife and mother than me!
I hope so!

No comments: