Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Yet another entry

Ok, so I do have a family and a home to take care of even though I have been posting a bit here. I guess, I have a lot to say and I want to say it now.
This blog is about our homeschooling and our family so I will touch on that right now.
Chris jr is very busy with his venturing troop and church activities. He is also working on his duty to God certificate. We went through the book and picked out some activities he needs to do for it. One was career planning and career/interest testing. We actually looked online and found a career test. We both took a stab at it and it was very interesting. Chris was not to happy with the results, but these were for adults and a 14 year is hardly ready to answer question about himself since he is just learning about himself. I asked him to retake it and I kinda gave him my opinion about he strenghts and interest from a moms point of view. Still he shrugged of the results. My results claim I could be a nurse or even a clinical Psychologist. Funny, my major was psychology and I wanted to switch to nursing. So I guess I know myself pretty well. But thats for another season of my life.
Patrick is a wiz at spelling and loves math...he is a self starter and I hardly have to "teach"him anything. History is a bit boring of him so we need to find something that will grab his interest.
I have been baking bread a lot lately and he has taken an interest in "home economics". He wants to learn to cook and bbq and make bread etc. I will have him help me and maybe I can turn the bread making over to him. : )
Nicholas is a very creative kid. He and patrick have tons of adventures in the back yard play all types of combat games. Once he even came to check the net for insigna of the military. Neat.
He doesn't really like workbooks...but loves to look at Atlas, manuel of any kind but if its labeled a text book forget it.
Victoria is also quite a self starter. She almost taught herself to read, with a little help from mom. She loves to sew...and I don't even know how...I just gave her a needle and thread, some fabric and showed her how to do a stich. Well, she made her doll some clothes, a sleeping bag and she also made herself a little sack to hold her money. Wow.
Samuel is just wonderful and loves to learn to. He is a very active boy and we have to keep him occupied or else.
James is just the love of our home and is teaching us alot. He will be a great teacher to his older brothers and make them able caregivers. : )

Well, that is it for now..I will update or add on if anything comes to mind. And let me tell...quite a bit of things come to mind. ; ) : D

No comments: